Terms and Conditions – Training and Behaviour
1. Cancellations - 72 hours’ notice is required. Charges may be applied (for up to the entire period that has been cancelled) if the required notice period is not given.
2. Payment can be made by our online payment system up to 72 hours before the session.
3. Animal Behaviour Kent reserves the right to cancel the contract (at any time & with immediate effect) if any dog/s under the contract do not respond well to the therapy plan (where the continuing of said contract is deemed, by Animal Behaviour Kent, to constitute a risk).
4. We may ask you to put your dog on the lead during for the duration of the session.
5. The behaviourist will apply personal judgement and cut short a training session, if necessary, because of extreme weather conditions; including, but not limited to: excessive heat, torrential rain, thunder storms and snow/ice. The decision to do so lays with the judgment of the behaviourist, for the safety of themselves, members of the public, other animals and that of the recipient. In such circumstances the decision to give a refund for that session (either complete or partial) is at the discretion of Animal Behaviour Kent.
6. The behaviourist will apply personal judgement and cut short a training session, if necessary, if we feel the dog is not coping well. In the case of anxious dogs, we may do the initial session with the owner only or split the initial consultation into two smaller sessions.
7. Although we cannot fully guarantee a 100% success rate with our training methods, we have a high success rate with previous clients who follow and practice our methods in the long term.
8. Our methods are all kind, ethical and effective however are never instant and take commitment from the client to work with their dog in the long-term.
9. Dogs that are known to bite other dogs or cause injury may be required to wear a muzzle, we take no responsibility for dogs who are not muzzled or kept under control, during our session or when working outside of our session. Failure to wear a muzzle when asked may result in termination of your support. If you are struggling with this, contact us, and we can discuss the situation.
10. Animal Behaviour Kent is fully insured with Protectivity Insurance however any accident or injury during our training session will not be covered if you have failed to use the appropriate equipment or failed to follow my advice.
11. Dogs must be always kept under control when I am entering your premises. Failure to do so and any injury caused by your dog being out of control will be your full responsibility. In many cases we will meet you outside your premises first and in some instances, we may work only outside taking a hands-off approach working at a distance (especially in cases of anxious dogs).
12. In some cases we use stooge dogs to aid training. You will be responsible for keeping your dog a sufficient and safe distance from the stooge dog and if asked will need your dog to wear a muzzle during these sessions.
13. You are happy to write a testimonial if requested.
14. You agree to report/check in regularly about my dog’s progress through either email, text, or your preferred method of contact.
15. In the case of behavioural issues you agree to give consent to work with us and are happy for us to contact your vet on your behalf.
16. Your personal information will be kept securely and only be shared with relevant parties such as vets and other professionals we are working with and behaviourists within our team.